This Ninja Creami Cookies and Cream is sweet, creamy, and delicious — and the easiest Ninja Creami oreo ice cream you’ll ever make!
Why This Ninja Creami Cookies and Cream Recipe is SO Good:
For a full ingredient list with quantities, please check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post!
- Milk: I recommend 2% milk, or even whole milk. The ice cream has too much of an icy/ iced milk texture if using anything less.
- Cream: Helps increase the texture and mouthfeel for a deliciously creamy oreo ice cream.
- Pudding Mix: We like to use vanilla pudding mix for a more classic cookies and cream ice cream flavor.
- Oreos: A necessity for this Ninja Creami cookies and cream ice cream!
For complete instructions, please check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post!
- Whisk together milk, 2 tablespoons of cream, and pudding mix.
- Pour into Ninja Creami pint container.
- Freeze for 24 hours.
- Spin on the Ninja Creami Ice Cream setting.
- Add remaining tablespoon of cream.
- Create a well in the center of the ice cream, all the way to the bottom.
- Quarter the oreos and place in the well.
- Run the Mix-In cycle, then serve and enjoy immediately.
Expert Ninja Creami Tips
Why is my Ninja Creami Powdery?
A powdery Ninja Creami is common after the first spin when making light or high protein Ninja Creami ice creams. Ninja Creami protein ice cream and light ice creams typically need 1 or 2 Re-Spin cycles. If it’s really powdery, try adding a tablespoon of protein shake, milk, or cream before you Re-Spin. I find the magic combination is usually 1 spin, add 1 tablespoon liquid, and 1 re-spin!
Why is my Ninja Creami Too Soft?
If your ice cream is very soft and more soft serve or a Wendy’s Frosty consistency, you either did not freeze your mixture long enough, or you’ve added too much liquid during a Re-Spin. I know it’s tedious, but freeze for 24 hours! And when adding liquid before a Re-Spin, only add a tablespoon (unless you want it softer, then by all means, add an extra tablespoon or two!).
Why is my Ninja Creami Not Soft Enough?
Let it not fully freeze, or allow it to sit out for 20-30 minutes before spinning. You also can add a total of 2-3 tablespoons of extra liquid before you Re-Spin, to allow for a softer consistency.
How Do I know if I need to Re-Spin?
If after your first spin your ice cream is powdery or just not quite creamy enough, run a Re-Spin. If it’s very powdery (like most protein ice creams), add that tablespoon of extra liquid.
Use Quality Ingredients
The Ninja Creami is pretty magical, but you still need to like the ingredients you’re using! So if you’re making a protein ice cream – use a protein shake and/ or powder you like! If you’re adding fruit or making a sorbet, use fruit that tastes good for you. For example – I personally find canned fruit to always have a metallic taste, even when transformed in a Ninja Creami, so I prefer to thaw frozen or use fresh when making those bases.
Have Fun with Mix-Ins
Once you have a good base you enjoy (like a good protein ice cream base), change it up with flavor variations and different mix ins!
What Else Can You Make in a Ninja Creami?
Ice creams, light ice creams, protein ice cream, gelato, sorbet, smoothie bowls, milkshakes, and more!
Protect Your Ears!
The Ninja Creami is pretty loud, so guard your ears! And please protect the ears of any kids helping out in the kitchen.
Substitutions & Variations
- Change the base flavor: instead of vanilla pudding mix, try chocolate pudding mix or Oreo pudding mix to change up the flavor.
- Add peanut butter: Add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter to the ice cream base to create a peanut butter cookies and cream ice cream.
- Make it a Protein Ice Cream: Swap the base to use the Ninja Creami Protein Ice Cream base, then create the well and add the Oreo Mix-Ins
- Cookie Swap: instead of oreos, try making with chocolate chip cookie pieces — or use both for a cookie monster ice cream!
- Gluten-Free: use the gluten free Oreos – they’re quite delicious!
Ninja Creami Leftovers?
What do you do if you have Ninja Creami leftovers? Well, you have two options:
- Refreeze and Re-Spin: Simply level and smooth the top of any leftover ice cream inside the Ninja Creami pint, place it back in the freezer, and spin it again when you’re ready to enjoy again.
- Thaw Slightly/ No Re-Spin: Refreeze your leftovers, then when you’re ready to enjoy, set it out on the counter for 10-15 minutes, or freeze for 10-15 seconds until slightly softened.
Because this Ninja Creami Cookies and Cream ice cream has the Oreo mix-ins, I recommend just thawing and avoiding a re-spin. Doing another spin cycle after you already have those Oreo mix-ins will completely crush all the Oreo pieces, and can affect the texture of the ice cream.
Supplies You’ll Need
As an Amazon affiliate, I may earn a small amount from qualifying affiliate purchases at no cost to you.
There are several types of Ninja Creamis: the original Ninja Creami, the Ninja Creami Deluxe, and (what I have) the Ninja Creami Breeze.
- 7-in-1 Ninja Creami: The original Ninja Creami with 7 settings, Ice Cream, Sorbet, Lite Ice Cream, Smoothie Bowl, Gelato, Milkshake, and Mix-In.
- Ninja Creami Deluxe: The Deluxe is a more comprehensive Ninja Creami, offering 11 pre-set programs to the originals 7.
- Ninja Creami Breeze: The Breeze is a more compact machine, designed to still be powerful but take up less space and fit more easily on countertops under cabinets.
If you’re a big fan of prepping a lot of Ninja Creami recipes in advance, I highly recommend also investing in additional pint containers.
More Ninja Creami Recipes You’ll Love
- Ninja Creami Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Pumpkin Ice Cream (High Protein)
- Acai Ice Cream (in the Ninja Creami, High Protein!)
- Strawberry Cottage Cheese Ice Cream (in the Ninja Creami)
- Ninja Creami Frozen Yogurt
- Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Mango Sorbet
HUNGRY FOR MORE? If you tried this recipes, try leaving a star rating in the recipe card below and/ or a review in the comments! I always appreciate feedback (and everyone loves to read what variations worked well if you tried any)! You can also follow me on Pinterest or Instagram, check out my other sites, and sign up for my email list, too!
Ninja Creami Cookies and Cream
- 1.5 cups reduced fat milk
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream divided
- 1.5 tablespoons vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 Oreo cookies
- Whisk together the milk, 2 tablespoons of the cream, and instant pudding mix, then pour into the Ninja Creami pint.
- Cover the pint, place in the freezer, and freeze for 24 hours.
- Place the frozen pint in the Ninja Creami, then run the "Ice Cream" cycle.
- After the first spin, add the remaining tablespoon of cream, then run the Re-Spin cycle.
- Create a well in the center of the ice cream, down to the bottom. Break the Oreo pieces into quarters, then add them to the well in the ice cream. Return to Ninja Creami and run the Mix-In cycle.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!