This Ninja Creami Frozen Yogurt is BEYOND easy, and so creamy and delicious! Literally all you need is Greek yogurt – plus any flavorings you want. High in protein, sweet, kid-friendly – the perfect family-friendly healthy snack or dessert!
There’s something about frozen yogurt that my family has always loved. Soft, cold, creamy, and delicious. So you can imagine our excitement that we can now make it at home with this Ninja Creami Frozen Yogurt!
I love how simple it is – truly, all you need is Greek yogurt. We’ve used all of our favorite Greek yogurt flavors, like vanilla, peach, and mixed berry. But this frozen yogurt recipe is so easy to customize. Add different flavorings, spices, fruits, and more. Plus the option for mix-ins!
And if you’re a Ninja Creami fan, be sure to check out some of these other popular Ninja Creami recipes, like this Ninja Creami protein ice cream, pumpkin ice cream, acai bowls, and strawberry cottage cheese ice cream!
Why This Ninja Creami Frozen Yogurt Recipe is SO Good:
- So simple – only one essential ingredient.
- Easy to customize.
- Versatile – enjoy it for dessert, a snack, or even breakfast! (Your kids will think you’re SO cool for giving them ice cream for breakfast…who cares that it’s just Greek yogurt!)
- It’s so delicious!
For a full ingredient list with quantities, please check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post!
- Greek Yogurt: you need your favorite Greek yogurt for this recipe, any flavor. You can also use other thicker yogurts, like Icelandic style skyr/ yogurt.
- Flavorings: I love adding a little vanilla bean paste to vanilla Greek yogurt. You can use any extracts or other spices, like cinnamon, ginger, pumpkin pie spice, and more.
- Sweetener: I use sweetened Greek yogurts (or zero sugar sweetened yogurts), but if your yogurt is plain, you’ll likely want to add your preferred sweetener.
For complete instructions, please check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post!
- Place Greek yogurt and any flavorings into the Ninja Creami pint and stir. Smooth the yogurt flat on top.
- Freeze for 24 hours.
- Spin in the Ninja Creami on the “Lite Ice Cream” setting.
- It’ll likely look a little powdery after the first spin, which is normal. Do a “Re-Spin” and then you’ll have perfect Ninja Creami frozen yogurt!
Expert Ninja Creami Tips
Why is my Ninja Creami Powdery?
A powdery Ninja Creami is common after the first spin when making light or high protein Ninja Creami ice creams. Ninja Creami protein ice cream and light ice creams typically need 1 or 2 Re-Spin cycles. If it’s really powdery, try adding a tablespoon of protein shake, milk, or cream before you Re-Spin. I find the magic combination is usually 1 spin, add 1 tablespoon liquid, and 1 re-spin!
Why is my Ninja Creami Too Soft?
If your ice cream is very soft and more soft serve or a Wendy’s Frosty consistency, you either did not freeze your mixture long enough, or you’ve added too much liquid during a Re-Spin. I know it’s tedious, but freeze for 24 hours! And when adding liquid before a Re-Spin, only add a tablespoon (unless you want it softer, then by all means, add an extra tablespoon or two!).
Why is my Ninja Creami Not Soft Enough?
Let it not fully freeze, or allow it to sit out for 20-30 minutes before spinning. You also can add a total of 2-3 tablespoons of extra liquid before you Re-Spin, to allow for a softer consistency.
How Do I know if I need to Re-Spin?
If after your first spin your ice cream is powdery or just not quite creamy enough, run a Re-Spin. If it’s very powdery (like most protein ice creams), add that tablespoon of extra liquid.
Use Quality Ingredients
The Ninja Creami is pretty magical, but you still need to like the ingredients you’re using! So if you’re making a protein ice cream – use a protein shake and/ or powder you like! If you’re adding fruit or making a sorbet, use fruit that tastes good for you. For example – I personally find canned fruit to always have a metallic taste, even when transformed in a Ninja Creami, so I prefer to thaw frozen or use fresh when making those bases.
Have Fun with Mix-Ins
Once you have a good base you enjoy (like a good protein ice cream base), change it up with flavor variations and different mix ins!
What Else Can You Make in a Ninja Creami?
Ice creams, light ice creams, protein ice cream, gelato, sorbet, smoothie bowls, milkshakes, and more!
Protect Your Ears!
The Ninja Creami is pretty loud, so guard your ears! And please protect the ears of any kids helping out in the kitchen.
Substitutions & Variations
- Use different flavored yogurts: we’ve tried with vanilla, peach, and mixed berry, but you can use any flavor Greek yogurt you prefer.
- Add fruit: Stir fruit into your Greek yogurt, like banana, strawberries, mango, or pineapple. It’ll add more flavor and nutrients into your frozen Greek yogurt!
- Chocolate: Add a tablespoon or two of cocoa powder to your vanilla Greek yogurt. You may need a tablespoon of liquid, if you’re adding more cocoa and it’s getting too thick.
- High Protein: Greek yogurt is high protein alone, but you can stir a scoop of protein powder into your base mixture before freezing. Note that you may need to add a 1-2 tablespoons of milk to help the protein powder blend into the base.
- Flavorings: try adding vanilla bean paste, almond extract, cake batter extract, cinnamon, ginger, pumpkin pie spice, and more.
Storing Ninja Creami Leftovers
What do you do if you have Ninja Creami leftovers? Well, you have two options:
- Refreeze and Re-Spin: Simply level and smooth the top of any leftover ice cream inside the Ninja Creami pint, place it back in the freezer, and spin it again when you’re ready to enjoy again.
- Thaw Slightly/ No Re-Spin: Refreeze your leftovers, then when you’re ready to enjoy, set it out on the counter for 10-15 minutes, or freeze for 10-15 seconds until slightly softened.
If you have any mix-ins in your ice cream, I recommend just thawing and avoiding a re-spin. Doing another spin cycle after you already have mix-ins completely obliterates whatever mix-ins there were (which can impact the taste and texture of the ice cream, too).
But with this frozen yogurt in the Ninja Creami? You’re totally fine to just smooth it out on top, re-freeze, and spin again.
Supplies You’ll Need
As an Amazon affiliate, I may earn a small amount from qualifying affiliate purchases at no cost to you.
There are several types of Ninja Creamis: the original Ninja Creami, the Ninja Creami Deluxe, and (what I have) the Ninja Creami Breeze.
- 7-in-1 Ninja Creami: The original Ninja Creami with 7 settings, Ice Cream, Sorbet, Lite Ice Cream, Smoothie Bowl, Gelato, Milkshake, and Mix-In.
- Ninja Creami Deluxe: The Deluxe is a more comprehensive Ninja Creami, offering 11 pre-set programs to the originals 7.
- Ninja Creami Breeze: The Breeze is a more compact machine, designed to still be powerful but take up less space and fit more easily on countertops under cabinets.
If you’re a big fan of prepping a lot of Ninja Creami recipes in advance, I highly recommend also investing in additional pint containers.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Ninja Creami Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Pumpkin Ice Cream (High Protein)
- Acai Ice Cream (in the Ninja Creami, High Protein!)
- Strawberry Cottage Cheese Ice Cream (in the Ninja Creami)
- Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Mango Sorbet
- Ninja Creami Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
HUNGRY FOR MORE? If you tried this recipes, try leaving a star rating in the recipe card below and/ or a review in the comments! I always appreciate feedback (and everyone loves to read what variations worked well if you tried any)! You can also follow me on Pinterest or Instagram, check out my other sites, and sign up for my email list, too!
Ninja Creami Frozen Yogurt
- 2 cups Greek yogurt nonfat, zero sugar vanilla
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste optional
- Add Greek yogurt and vanilla bean paste (or any other desired flavorings, like cinnamon) to the Ninja Creami pint. Stir and make sure the top is flat and smooth.
- Cover pint and place in the freezer. Freeze for 24 hours.
- Place frozen yozen pint in the Ninja Creami, then run the "Lite Ice Cream" cycle.
- The frozen yogurt will likely be a little powdery, so return to Ninja Creami and run the "Re-Spin" cycle.
- Add any desired mix-ins, then serve immediately and enjoy.